Hello Innovators!! Below is a detailed list of resources to accelerate sustainability and social innovation. Links include resources in sustainable business, social enterprise, small business and startups.
All Around Overview of Statistics on Global Entrepreneurs Resources and Ecosystem
This section gives an overview of the greater global entrepreneurs ecosystem
- Database and map of business plan contests worldwide
- Google Map of Tech Startup Incubators 100 programs globally
- MBA Programs – global list – 2026 programs internationally
- MBA Programs – national directory
- List of Accelerators for Startups – National and International (F6S)
- Map of US and Canada Seed Stage Tech Accelerators (Google Map)
Accelerators & Incubators, Fellowships & Contests
This section offers an overview of the many different funding, mentorship and service options.
- 50 Fellowship Programs in Social Enterprise
- Acumen Fellows
- Aspen Institute First Mover Fellows and Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellows
- Draper Richards Foundation
- Echoing Green Fellowship
- Entrepreneurship Roundtable Accelerator
- Founders Institute
- Gramercy Labs Collective
- Hitachi Foundation Yoshiyama Young Entrepreneurs Program
- Start-up Accelerator and Incubator Programs for Social Entrepreneurs
- List of Startup Accelerator Programs
- PopTech Social Innovation Fellows Program
- Schwab Foundation Fellows Program
- Skoll Global Social Benefit Incubator
- Social Venture Network Fellows
- Sparkseed Incubator
- Sprout Box
- TED Fellows
- Unreasonable Institute Incubator
- William James Foundation – Business Plan Competition
- Y Combinator
A Benefit Corporation is the new corporate structure for socially and environmentally responsible businesses. Here’s some resources:
- How to Become a Benefit Corporation
- What is B Corporation?
- Find a Benefit Corporation
- State by Status Status and Info on Legislation of Benefit Corporation
Basic info on how to research websites, purchase domain names and brands on social networks, as well as trademark search.
This section provides concrete on and offline resources on exactly how to write a business plan.
- Business Model Canvas
- Dave McClure: Your Solution is Not my Problem
- SBA.gov Business Plan Resources
- Seth Godin: The Modern Business Plan
- The Startup Toolkit
Advice on how to startup a cooperative, incorporate, structure and find probono legal resources to launch and grow a cooperative, with California as example.
- Center for Co-operatives, University of Wisconsin – Cooperative Startup Resources
- Legal Sourcebook for California Cooperatives
- University of California Cooperative Extension – A Legal Sourcebook for California Cooperatives: Startup & Administration (complete course materials and downloaded book
- Co-op Law – Glossary of Terms
- SBA (Small Business Administration) – Choose Your Business Structure/Cooperative
- Sharable – How to Start a Worker Coop
- Democracy at Work Institute – List of Cooperative Startup Resources
Coworking and free spaces are new resources available through incubators or membership, with focus on New York City.
- Complete List of NYC Tech Incubators and Coworking Spaces
- Free spaces: NYPL’s SIBL, Wix Lounge, Foundation Center Library
- Wiki of Coworking spaces in NYC
Tap into the crowd in order to fund your ventures.
- Community Sourced Capital
- Enable Impact
- Funders Club
- Global Giving
- Invested In
- Kiva Zip
- See Your Impact
- Start Some Good
- Startup Exemption
Design for Social Change
Branding, design, communications and innovation are merging. This list provides info across this space.
- Canva – do it yourself design with no design skills needed
- Quora answers: What are the Best Design Blogs / Most Influential Design Blogs
- Massive Change
Directories of Social Enterprises and Nonprofits
This section links to portals to search for existing social enterprises and nonprofits.
Advice on how to incorporate, structure and find probono legal resources, with New York City as example.
- Community Resource Exchange
- Establishing a Nonprofit: 12 step tutorial & checklist by Foundation Center
- For-Profit/Not-For-Profit Dilemma: podcast on legal structure
- How to Find a Fiscal Sponsor: FAQ from Grant Space
- International Senior Lawyers Project
- Lawyers Alliance for New York
- List of Pro-bono legal resources by Foundation Center
- New York Lawyers for the Public Interest
- NYC Business Solutions Center
- NYC Gov Nonprofit Resources
- NYC Small Business Resource Center
- The Ultimate Checklist by Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
Mapping out local connectors, groups and key events in your community and sector is essential. Below is an example for New York City.
- Echoing Green
- Foundation Center Links to Non profit Resources
- Founders Institute
- Manhattan Business Solutions for free consultation and services
- Manhattan Chamber of Commerce sub committees
- NYC Seed
- Starting Bloc
Market research is key to all types of ventures. This section provides local and online resources.
- 15 Databases: Market Research Databases New York Public Library
- 621 Databases: All available databases at the NYPL SIBL
- Foundation Directory Online Professional
- Idealist.org Resource Directory (NP)
Metrics & Evaluation
There are dozens of evaluation and monitoring options. Below are four simple free services.
Joining up with affinity groups and local networks is the best way to get support for your venture.
- 85 Broads
- Be Social Change
- Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy (EPIP)
- Independent Sector
- National Council of Nonprofits
- Net Impact
- Social Innovators Collective
- Social Venture Network (SVN)
- Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN)
- Young Women Social Entrepreneurs (YWSE)
There are dozens of different online options for nonprofits. Below are some of the most commonly used.
- Complete Guide to Online Donation Software Platforms
- First Giving
- Network for Good
- SalesForce Foundation Nonprofit products
Do-it-yourself PR for a nonprofit or social enterprise is possible with these basic free resources.
Social Enterprise and Nonprofit Ecosystem
Mapping out the connectors, groups and key events in your community and sector is essential.
- Blogs: Learn from the Leaders: Alltop Nonprofit List
- Blogs: Learn from the Leaders: Alltop’s Social Entrepreneurship List
- Craigslist Foundation Programs: BootCamp, Likeminded & All for Good
- Events: Charity Happenings NYC Event List
- Events: Gary’s Guide NYC Events guide for Tech and Media
- Events: Every Action 2016 – 2017 Calendar of nonprofit/social change conferences
- Foundation Center New York Community Nonprofit Resources
- Online Collaboration Resources for Social Entrepreneurs by NED
- Trade Publications: Chronicle of Philanthropy, Fundraising.com
There are scores of social media sites. Below are the most commonly used sites.
This section provides training resources that offer classroom and online instruction options.
- Fast Trac Kauffman Foundation’s free class to launch a new venture
- Foundation Center NYC
- General Assembly
- Grant Space’s Classroom by Foundation Center
- Idea Encore (online training)
Website Builder Software
Free, open source, blogging and content platforms are available resources for all ventures.
- All the Website Builders Evaluated by Robert Mening
- Interactive Review of Website Builders by Cloudwards.net
- How to Make a Website by Make A Website Hub
Don’t see your favorite resource? Just contact us below and let us know your thoughts, and we are happy to add to this page!